How To Find Your Ring Size
Buying an engagement ring or a wedding ring will be one of the most momentous purchases of your life, so it’s important to make sure you find the perfect fit. This ring size guide offers helpful tips to finding your ring size with ease.
Popping into our store and having your finger measured is the most accurate way to determine your ring size, but if you need to find out from the comfort of your own home, we’re here to help with these handy tips.
Use this table of circumferences (mm) and a tape measure to find out your ring size.
|Ring Size||Circumference (mm)||Ring Size||Circumference (mm)||Ring Size||Circumference (mm)|
Download Our Ring Size Guide
Print out this simple and useful ring size guide and place a ring over the circles, matching the inner diameter to find your appropriate ring size. Our guide is perfect for when you want to surprise someone.
Please note that this is only a guide and will not take into account the style of ring. For example, if you are choosing a ring with a deep bandwidth, you may need a larger size.
Find Their Ring Size In Secret
For when you need to find out your loved one’s ring size in top-secret style, perhaps for a romantic proposal, these helpful tips will be your go-to guide. Here’s how to make it the most unforgettable surprise of their life:
- Try Their Ring On – Take one of their rings and slide it onto your ring finger. Make a little mark with a pen where the ring goes up to on your finger and show this to one of our friendly experts in-store.
- Think Out Of Box – Why not get creative and buy some play dough. Press one of your loved one’s rings into it then bring it to us to have one of our experts check the size. Find Us
- Tie A Knot – Wait until they’re fast asleep and tie a piece of string around their finger and make a little knot. Just try your best not to wake them and you’re all set.
- Tell White Lie – Just this once, tell a little white lie and pretend you’re treating a family member to a ring they like. Take your loved one with you, then ask them to try it on in their size to ‘see how it looks’. Just don’t forget to listen out for their size.
- A Sneaky Borrow – If you know your loved one won’t miss a ring they wear often for one day, simply into us to be sized and sneakily put it back before they have time to notice.
When you’re finding out your ring size, don’t forget these useful tips:
- Avoid measuring for a ring when you’re cold, as your fingers will be half a size smaller.
- The evening is the best time of day to measure your finger, as this is when they are at their largest.
- Measure your finger at least 3 times to ensure the correct size reading.
- Rings with wider bands will fit a bit tighter, so you may need to go up a size.